For those who would like to purchase the digital single from iTunes but do not have an Apple device (iPhone, iPad, etc) like me, it is possible to do so by downloading the iTunes app into your PC which then becomes your online music store and library. The downside is that the songs can only be played in iTunes in the PC unless you have an Apple device to which to transfer them.
This is actually my first time purchasing digital musicso needed to do a bit of googling to find out how.
Here’s an online guide to creating an iTunes account: https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204034
Disclaimer: Not an endorsement for iTunes 🙂
Update: Please ignore the above strike-out sentence about not being able to play the songs from iTunes in other devices besides Apple. As I was browsing google, I came across an article which described how one can transfer songs from iTunes (in PC) to an Android phone. Ah, the wonders of the simple drag and drop from PC to Android phone.
Folders in PC
1. Connect Android phone to PC with its USB cable.
2. Locate iTunes in PC Music folder (in Libraries).
3. Locate iTunes music file for transfer.
4. Either drag & drop or copy & paste to Music folder in Android phone.
5. Done. The copied songs were in my Audio folder.